New to Responding Recovery Ministries-Become a Certified Christian Drug/Alcohol Addiction Counselor

Become a Certified Christian Drug and Alcohol Addiction Counselor

Text Box:


Jerry Liversage is an Evangelist and Pastor as well as a Certified Instructor/Teacher with the Association of Christian Alcohol and Drug Counselors College (ACADC).  He will be teaching a satellite class for students in Redlands and Alta Loma, Ca. Contact Jerry through their website for further info and orientation at


The CDAAC - Christian Drug, Alcohol & Addictions Counselor Certificate requirements:

Anyone who wishes to earn a CDAAC Certificate may begin the 52 Module program at any time, even before completion of the CSAC I Entrance Inventory.

The CDAAC Program of 52 courses is $3000

The courses are continuous and are always ongoing so students can start at any time.


To Receive the CDAAC Certificate:
  1. Register & pass the entrance inventory.
  2. Complete the 315 hour academic requirement
  3. Pass the CDAAC exam
To Become a State Certified Counselor:

The student pursuing a State of CA approved certification will need, in addition to the CDAAC, to complete an internship within a CA DHCS licensed or certified treatment facility and pass the state approved CCAPP IC&RC exam.  The following are required:

  1. Successfully complete the CDAAC Certificate requirements (315 academic hours and a passing score on the CDAAC test) and receive the CDAAC certificate.
  2. Complete the required 9 hour basic bundle course and receive a passing score on the exam. This includes Professional and Ethical Standards of Case Management (3 hours); HIPAA, Privacy Rule and Confidentiality of Client Records (3 hours); and Analyzing Multiple Relationships between Counselor and Client (3 hours).
  3. Complete the required 3000 hours of work experience (must be completed in a licensed or certified AOD treatment facility). Applicants with an Associate Arts Degree in Behavioral Science or allied health profession will require 2080 hours of work experience.  The person signing off on these hours must be a state licensed or certified AOD counselor or licensed professional.
  4. Complete the required 255 hour AOD field practicum. (must be completed in a licensed and certified AOD treatment facility). The person signing off on the practicum hours must be a state licensed or certified AOD counselor or licensed professional in a supervisor position.
  5. Pass the IC&RC ADC or AADC exam.

Transfer credit can be granted on the basis of courses reflected in sealed transcripts received from other educational institutions. Call for additional information. A $30 fee will be charged for transcript review.

In all methods of training, in order to receive the professional CDAAC Certificate and the CCAPP Certification, a passing grade must be received on both the ACADC "CDAAC" and CCAPP "IC&RC" Exams.


Jerry’s Education –

Jerry is a Certified Substance Abuse Counselor (CSAC), a Certified Drug and Alcohol Addiction Counselor (CDAAC), a Registered Addiction Specialist (RAS) and is a Certified Addiction Treatment Counselor (CATC). He is part of California Consortium of Addictions Programs Professional and holds a Certified Alcohol and Drug Counselor (CADC) credential along with a Certified Addiction Specialist (CAS) credential. He also holds a Masters of Biblical Addiction Counseling and a Doctorate of Biblical Addiction Counseling.


comment posted by Bobby McGee on 07-18-2018
I believe God has gifted me to help people when they feel helpless. I'm 60 years old at this time I presently work in foster care and adoption but feel strongly in my heart that I would do very good in the area drug and alcohol counseling?